Kenya Rolls Out Landmark Malaria Vaccine Introduction

Homa Bay, Kenya, 13 September 2019 – The World Health Organization (WHO) congratulates the Government of Kenya for launching the world’s first malaria vaccine today in Homa Bay County, western Kenya. The malaria vaccine pilot programme is now fully underway in Africa, as Kenya joins Ghana and Malawi to introduce the landmark vaccine as a

Rwanda: Remarks By Nduhungirehe at the Rwanda, Uganda Peace Talks in Kigali

The Luanda MoU signed on 21st of August 2019 in Angola is indeed an important milestone towards sustainable peace and security in our region. Rwanda and Uganda, as Minister Kuteesa said, share historical ties that should normally build a strong, strategic alliance given the longstanding bonds linking the two peoples and countries. As neighbours and

Tanzania: President Magufuli Launches New Radar in Dar es Salaam

Dar es Salaam — President John Magifuli has today said the country’s air space is now 100 per cent secure after having acquired four radars that will increase safety and security of the country. He said initially the country had one radar which had a surveillance capacity of 25 per cent leaving 75 per cent

Kenya: Tifa Research Pitches Passive Research As the Next Stage of Understanding Audience Behavior – Panel Members No Longer Self-Report or Recall

London — The increase in the use of smartphones is beginning to revolutionize African TV audience research. Kenya’s TIFA Research has been pioneering passive research as a way of improving how to understand Kenya’s TV audience. Russell Southwood spoke to Maggie Ireri, Founder and Director of TIFA Research and Kelvin Masika, its ICT and Innovations

Kenya: Cohen’s Widow Sarah Wairimu Due in Court Monday Over Tycoon’s Murder

Nairobi — Sarah Wairimu, the wife of the murdered Dutch tycoon Tob Cohen, is on Monday expected to face murder charges alongside another suspect arrested on Friday. The High Court had this week directed Wairimu’s state of mind to be examined and a report tabled in court before she could take a plea. The two

Uganda: Judiciary Condemns Re-Arrest of Freed Suspects

Kampala — The Deputy Chief Justice Alfonse Owiny-Dollo has, in a statement, condemned security operatives for re-arresting suspects that court granted bail. “This high handedness in the re-arrest of persons released by courts is a direct affront to the much cherished rule of law in Uganda. An advocate is an officer of court and must

2020 Democratic debate sets the course of a quickening campaign

Often, a debate’s impact only becomes clear in subsequent days, when exchanges that did not immediately resonate take on extra significance as the churn of the campaign does its work. There’s a trove of material for each campaign to mine to tweak the weaknesses of rival candidates. And President Donald Trump’s team must have been

Africa: Kenya Joins Ghana and Malawi to Roll Out Landmark Malaria Vaccine

Homa Bay — The World Health Organization (WHO) congratulates the Government of Kenya for launching the world’s first malaria vaccine today in Homa Bay County, western Kenya. The malaria vaccine pilot programme is now fully underway in Africa, as Kenya joins Ghana and Malawi to introduce the landmark vaccine as a tool against a disease

Tanzania: Singing the Truth Can Be Dangerous

The just concluded Ongala Festival held in Bagamoyo, Tanzania, featured one of the country’s most inspiring musicians, Vitali Maembe. Maembe has been speaking truth to power through his music, commenting on social and political subjects. “I am not a soldier, I am not a rebel just a fighter, I fight alone with my music to

Liberia: From Liberia With History and Magic

The chequered history of pre-modern Liberia is reimagined with in a magical style in She Would be King, a debut novel by Liberian-American Wayetu Moore. The story revolves around three young people born in different countries and possessing supernatural abilities that are both a blessing and a curse. Their paths eventually come together, guided through