Champions League: Holders Liverpool stunned by Napoli | News

Tuesday’s results Lyon 1-1 ZenitInter Milan 1-1 Slavia PragueChelsea 0-1 ValenciaAjax 3-0 LilleBenfica 1-2 RB LeipzigDortmund 0-0 BarcelonaNapoli 2-0 LiverpoolSalzburg 6-2 Genk Liverpool started their Champions League title defence in the worst possible way by losing 2-0 at Napoli while Barcelona survived a penalty to draw 0-0 at Borussia Dortmund. Dries Mertens converted a penalty

Virginia’s basketball coach was offered a big raise after winning the championship. He turned it down so others could get the money

Because in a recent contract negotiation, Bennett was shown the money … then he turned it down. Bennett, who led the Virginia men’s basketball team to its first national title earlier this year, declined what the university described as a “substantial” raise. Instead the coach asked that financial investments be made to improve the basketball

U.S. Examining Missile and Drone Parts for Clues in Saudi Oil Attacks

WASHINGTON — American intelligence analysts and military investigators are examining a missile guidance mechanism recovered in Saudi Arabia that may provide clues as to the missile’s origins and flight path, as they continue gathering information to make the administration’s case that Iran was responsible for last weekend’s attack against Saudi oil facilities. Analysts are poring

He was a Yale graduate, Wall Street banker and entrepreneur. Today he’s homeless in Los Angeles

He’s been told before that a smart and capable person like him should not be in this situation. “But I’m like, should anybody be here? Who should, then?” Pleasants said. Against that backdrop, Pleasants’ story is a reminder of how complex the problem of homelessness can be. “It means it can happen to anybody. It’s

‘A Little Late With Lilly Singh’ review

Filling the later-night slot after Seth Meyers, “A Little Late With Lilly Singh” represents a breakthrough, with Singh — a Canadian of Indian descent — as the first woman of color to host such a network franchise. Singh introduced herself with a sketch in which she explained how her show would be different to a

Trump Accused of Letting Saudis Dictate US Foreign Policy After Oil Facility Attack “Congress will not give you the authority to start another disastrous war in the Middle East just because the brutal Saudi dictatorship told you to,” said Sanders. : worldnews

1950’s red-scare propaganda against the evils of socialism resonate with about 40% of our electorate. This propaganda is mainly funded by big business like health insurance lobbyists who want to keep making billions of dollars per year off of sick people. So they pay their politicians (Republicans) and their media networks (Fox News, Brierbart, etc)

Trump’s Deference to Saudis in Setting Terms for How U.S. Should Respond to Attacks Touches a Nerve

WASHINGTON — After oil installations were blown up in Saudi Arabia over the weekend, President Trump declared that the United States was “locked and loaded,” a phrase that seemed to suggest he was ready to strike back. But then he promised to wait for Saudi Arabia to tell him “under what terms we would proceed.”

Epstein accusers can’t receive damages over plea deal

US District Judge Kenneth Marra ordered the case brought by Jane Doe 1 and Jane Doe 2 against the US closed, ruling the federal government doesn’t owe them any money, and that the court couldn’t invalidate provisions in the plea deal relating to any alleged co-conspirators because they weren’t a party to the case. The

Israeli leader vows to annex West Bank settlement enclave

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu vowed Monday to annex “all the settlements” in the West Bank, including an enclave deep in the heart of the largest Palestinian city, in a last-ditch move that appeared aimed at shoring up nationalist support the day before a do-over election. Interested in Israel? Add Israel as an interest to

Tanzania: President Magufuli Launches New Radar in Dar es Salaam

Dar es Salaam — President John Magifuli has today said the country’s air space is now 100 per cent secure after having acquired four radars that will increase safety and security of the country. He said initially the country had one radar which had a surveillance capacity of 25 per cent leaving 75 per cent